- Học trực tuyến lớp 10 cùng giáo viên giỏi
- GIẢI ĐỀ THI VÀO 10 TẤT CẢ CÁC TRƯỜNG CHUYÊN, SỞ GD TRÊN CẢ NƯỚC NĂM 2020
- Học trực tuyến nền tảng lớp 12 cùng giáo viên giỏi
- Học trực tuyến đầy đủ các môn lớp 6 cùng giáo viên giỏi
- Học trực tuyến đầy đủ các môn lớp 7 cùng giáo viên dạy giỏi
- Học trực tuyến đầy đủ các môn lớp 8 cùng giáo viên giỏi
- Học trực tuyến lớp 9 và luyện thi vào 10 cùng giáo viên giỏi
- Học trực tuyến các môn lớp 11 cùng GV giỏi
- Học trực tuyến lớp 12 và luyện thi THPT Quốc Gia 2021
- 20 Đề luyện thi ĐGNL bám sát đề mẫu ĐHQG TPHCM
- Đề thi thử THPT Quốc Gia năm 2020 đủ môn (có video chữa)
- 500 đề thi thử THPT Quốc Gia 2020 (có lời giải chi tiết)
- Học trực tuyến lớp 11 đủ môn cùng Thầy Cô giỏi, nổi tiếng
- Khai giảng các khóa lớp 9 Toán - Lý - Hóa - Văn - Anh năm 2018
- Khai giảng khóa Ngữ văn 7 - xây nền vững chắc cho tương lai!
- Luyện thi vào lớp 10 môn Toán, Văn, Hóa, Anh, Lý với giáo viên giỏi và nổi tiếng
Which of the following statements is not true?
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions
Conserving The World's Natural Resources
In the decade of the 1970s, the United Nations organised several important meetings on the human environment to study a very serious problem. We humans are destroying the world around us. We are using up all of our natural resources. We must learn to conserve them, or life will be very bad for our children and our grandchildren.
There are several major parts to this problem.
Population. Most problems of the environment come from population growth. In 1700 there were 625 million people in the world. In 1900 there were 1.6 billion. In 1950 2.5 billion, and in 1980 4.4 billion. In the year 2010 there will be well over 6 billion. More people need more water, more food, more wood, and more petroleum.
Distribution. Scientists say there is enough water in the world for everyone, but some countries have a lot of water and some have only a little. Some areas get all their rain during one season. The rest of the year is dry. There are huge forests in the Amazon area of Brazil. In other parts of the world there is only desert.
Petroleum. We are using up the world's petroleum. We use it in our cars and to heat our buildings in winter.
Farmers use petrochemicals to make the soil rich. They use to kill insects that eat plants. These chemicals go into rivers and lakes and kill the fish there. Thousands of people also die from these chemicals every year. Chemicals also go into the air and pollute it. Winds carry this polluted air to other countries and other continents.
Poverty. Poor farmers use the same land over and over. The land needs a rest so it will be better next year. However, the farmer must have food this year. Poor people cut down trees for firewood. In some areas when the trees are gone, the land becomes desert. However, people need wood to cook their food now. Poor people cannot save the environment for the future.
We now have the information and the ability to solve these huge problems. However, this is not a problem for one country or one area of the world. It is a problem for all humans. The people and the nations of the world must work together to conserve the world's resources. No one controls the future, but we all help make it.
Câu 14839: Which of the following statements is not true?
A. People must work together to save the environment.
B. We have the ability to solve environmental problems.
C. We control the future.
D. We help make the future.