- Học trực tuyến lớp 10 cùng giáo viên giỏi
- GIẢI ĐỀ THI VÀO 10 TẤT CẢ CÁC TRƯỜNG CHUYÊN, SỞ GD TRÊN CẢ NƯỚC NĂM 2020
- Học trực tuyến nền tảng lớp 12 cùng giáo viên giỏi
- Học trực tuyến đầy đủ các môn lớp 6 cùng giáo viên giỏi
- Học trực tuyến đầy đủ các môn lớp 7 cùng giáo viên dạy giỏi
- Học trực tuyến đầy đủ các môn lớp 8 cùng giáo viên giỏi
- Học trực tuyến lớp 9 và luyện thi vào 10 cùng giáo viên giỏi
- Học trực tuyến các môn lớp 11 cùng GV giỏi
- Học trực tuyến lớp 12 và luyện thi THPT Quốc Gia 2021
- 20 Đề luyện thi ĐGNL bám sát đề mẫu ĐHQG TPHCM
- Đề thi thử THPT Quốc Gia năm 2020 đủ môn (có video chữa)
- 500 đề thi thử THPT Quốc Gia 2020 (có lời giải chi tiết)
- Học trực tuyến lớp 11 đủ môn cùng Thầy Cô giỏi, nổi tiếng
- Khai giảng các khóa lớp 9 Toán - Lý - Hóa - Văn - Anh năm 2018
- Khai giảng khóa Ngữ văn 7 - xây nền vững chắc cho tương lai!
- Luyện thi vào lớp 10 môn Toán, Văn, Hóa, Anh, Lý với giáo viên giỏi và nổi tiếng
Which of the following would the author probably agree with?
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Human beings are plagued by all kinds of diseases and millions of people die from them. Many of these diseases such as diabetes, polio, whooping cough and diphtheria can be fatal and in the past, people used to die from them. However, with modern technology and a lot of research, scientists and doctors have come up with various ways to cure these diseases, and consequently, many lives are saved.
In doing the medical research, doctors have come face to face with many problems. One such problem is the opposition that comes from animal activists. They are against the inhuman treatment of animals. They argue that in conducting their medical research, doctors put animals through a very painful process and this should be stopped. According to the fiercest animal activists, nothing justifies the use of animals in medical experiments, even if lives might be saved.
To get their message across, animal activists are even willing to resort to the use of violence. Many animal protection groups, like the Animal Liberation Front (ALF), have broken into laboratories illegally to 'rescue' animals. They take away whatever animals they can find and free them. These people also make their case by threatening the researchers. They vandalize medical equipment, and in the most serious cases, they even use bombs.
In stealing the animals, the activists are actually hindering the progress of medicine. In many cases, the
animals were part of research for the cure for various diseases and visual defects in babies. Cures for problems that people face, therefore, come slower and in the waiting period, more people die.
Researchers have come up with many cures in the process of working with animals and on animals. Organ transplants are so common today, but we forget they became only possible after they were tested on animals. Doctors were able to come up with a cure for river blindness, a disease that affects millions of people in South America and Africa. These are only a few examples, and there are many more. In spite of what animal activists think, most researches do not treat animals cruelly. In fact, mistreated animals which are in agony will affect the quality of research so that results obtained are not really reliable. Thus, researchers do try to treat animals as well as possible.
In the long run, animal activists can cause serious damage to the future of medicine. With their persistent campaigning, much of the public supports their cause. People with AIDS or cancer need doctors to do research to save their lives, and often it is a case where animal research is crucial before any cure can be found.
Câu 407755: Which of the following would the author probably agree with?
A. Animal activists are doing a good job for the community.
B. Organ transplants are impossible unless they are carried out on animals.
C. Animal research is essential to find a remedy for fatal diseases.
D. With modern technology, doctors can now cure all kinds of disease.