- Tặng 100% giá trị tiền nạp duy nhất 2 ngày 11/2 & 12/2
- Đề thi thử THPT Quốc Gia năm 2020 đủ môn (có video chữa)
- Corona ở nhà học nha - Tặng toàn bộ tài liệu bài giảng
- 700 đề thi thử THPT Quốc Gia 2020 (có lời giải chi tiết)
- Chế độ Mod Tuyensinh247 từ năm 2019
- Luyện thi THPTQG cùng Thầy, Cô giáo dạy giỏi
- Học trực tuyến các môn lớp 10 cùng Thầy, Cô giáo giỏi
- Khai giảng các khóa học lớp 6 (đủ các môn)
- Học trực tuyến các khóa Nền Tảng lớp 12 cùng Thầy, Cô giỏi
- Khai giảng các khoá học lớp 11 mới nhất
- Khai giảng các khoá học lớp 9 và Luyện thi vào 10 năm 2020
- Khai giảng Khoá nền tảng lớp 12 và Luyện thi THPTQG 2020
- Học trực tuyến lớp 10 các môn Toán - Lý - Hóa - Văn - Anh- Sinh-Sử-Địa cùng Thầy Cô giỏi, nổi tiếng
- Học trực tuyến lớp 11 đủ môn cùng Thầy Cô giỏi, nổi tiếng
- Khai giảng các khóa lớp 9 Toán - Lý - Hóa - Văn - Anh năm 2018
- Khai giảng khóa Ngữ văn 7 - xây nền vững chắc cho tương lai!
- Luyện thi vào lớp 10 môn Toán, Văn, Hóa, Anh, Lý với giáo viên giỏi và nổi tiếng
According to the passage, in the future scientists want to look for ______.
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions .
Life on Mars: Does it Exist?
In 1976, two American spacecraft landed on Mars in order to search for signs of life. The tests that the Viking landers performed had negative results. However, scientists still have questions about our close neighbour in space. They want to investigate further into the possibility of life on Mars.
Scientists’ interest in the Red Planet is based on an assumption. They believe that 4.5 billion years ago, Mars and Earth began their existence under similar conditions. During the first billion years, liquid water - in contrast to ice - was abundant on the surface of Mars. This is an indication that mars was much warmer at that time. Mars also had a thicker atmosphere of carbon dioxide (CO2). Many scientists think it is possible that life began under these favourable conditions. After all, Earth had the same conditions during its first billion years, when life arose. At some point in time, Earth developed an atmosphere which is rich in oxygen, and an ozone layer. Ozone (O3) is a form of oxygen. The ozone layer protects the Earth from harmful ultraviolet light from the Sun. While life not only began on Earth, it also survived and became more complex. In contrast, Mars lost its thick atmosphere of carbon dioxide. Ultraviolet radialion intensified. The planet eventually grew colder, and its water Froze. (...)
Scientists believe there are other areas on Mars that are similar: specific places on Earth which support life. For example, an area in Antarctica, southern Victoria Land, which is not covered by ice. Resemble an area on Mars. In its dry valleys, the temperature in southern Victoria Land averages below zero, yet biologists found simple life forms (microorganisms) in rocks and frozen lakes. Perhaps this is also true of places on Mars.
Scientists want another investigation of Mars. They want to search for fossils, the ancient remains of life. If life ever existed on Mars, future missions may find records of it under sand or in the ice.
Even if future missions discover no evidence of past or present life on Mars, the new missions may clarify our understanding of how life begins. Scientists will better understand the conditions that are necessary for the survival of life - on Earth or in the universe. They will look for the answers to other intriguing questions. How is the Earth different from Mars? How can we explain the development of life here on our planet and not on Mars, our close neighbour? Are we alone in the universe?
Câu 13809: According to the passage, in the future scientists want to look for ______.
A. evidence of past and present life on Mars.
B. the conditions necessary for the survival of life on Mars.
C. the explanation for the development of life on Earth but not on Mars.
D. the answers to the environmental problems.