- Học trực tuyến nền tảng lớp 12 cùng giáo viên giỏi
- Học trực tuyến đầy đủ các môn lớp 6 cùng giáo viên giỏi
- Học trực tuyến đầy đủ các môn lớp 7 cùng giáo viên dạy giỏi
- Học trực tuyến đầy đủ các môn lớp 8 cùng giáo viên giỏi
- Học trực tuyến lớp 9 và luyện thi vào 10 cùng giáo viên giỏi
- Học trực tuyến các môn lớp 11 cùng GV giỏi
- Học trực tuyến lớp 12 và luyện thi THPT Quốc Gia 2021
- 20 Đề luyện thi ĐGNL bám sát đề mẫu ĐHQG TPHCM
- Đề thi thử THPT Quốc Gia năm 2020 đủ môn (có video chữa)
- 500 đề thi thử THPT Quốc Gia 2020 (có lời giải chi tiết)
- Học trực tuyến lớp 11 đủ môn cùng Thầy Cô giỏi, nổi tiếng
- Khai giảng các khóa lớp 9 Toán - Lý - Hóa - Văn - Anh năm 2018
- Khai giảng khóa Ngữ văn 7 - xây nền vững chắc cho tương lai!
- Luyện thi vào lớp 10 môn Toán, Văn, Hóa, Anh, Lý với giáo viên giỏi và nổi tiếng
On the boat described in The Hungry Ocean .
VII. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
LINDA GREENLAW: SWORDFISH FISHERMAN
Not only does Linda Greenlaw do one of the most dangerous jobs in the world, but also does it extremely well. She has been described as 'one of the best captains on the entire East Coast' and that, in one of the leading countries in the fishing industry, is praise indeed.
Linda was born and brought up on Isle au Haut, a tiny island ten kilometers off the coast of Maine, USA. She fell in love with fishing as a child, and she worked on fishing boats during her summer breaks from college.
Her first opportunity to go on a deep-sea fishing trip came when she was nineteen. Alden Leeman, a man she'd never met before, hired her for thirty days on his sword-fishing boat. The trip was a success and eventually, Alden offered Linda her first boat to captain in 1986, which probably made her the only woman ever to captain a sword-fishing boat.
So, why did she take up swordfishing in the first place? Linda says that not only does she like the way she feels on a boat, but she also gets passionate about catching a fish. More than anything, she's proud of being a fisherman, even more so than she is proud of being a bestselling author.
Linda has published four books to date, the first of which, The Hungry Ocean, was top of the New York bestseller list for three months. In it, Linda tells the story of one fishing trip and narrates the adventures she experienced on board with her five-man crew, including bad weather, sickness, mechanical problems and, of course, the fish.
But the world of fish and fishing is a man's world and it's not easy to find a word to describe Linda Greenlaw. In her own words, she says: "I am a woman. I am a fisherman. I am not a "fisherwoman", "fisherlady", or "fishergirl"."
Câu 355326: On the boat described in The Hungry Ocean .
A. there were five people
B. there were six people
C. there were four people
D. there were three people